Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our final days in the land of Smiles

Thailand is known as the land of smiles. You will find people here very friendly. We certainly have experienced that throughout our stay here.

As Russ mentioned in his last post, we are back in Bangkok. Parting our friends was difficult especially for me as Tawin and I have become such good friends over the past two years. I know that Mr. Chusak, Ms. Ratree and Mr. Ceasar are very excited about their trip to the USA in April and hopefully we can make their experience in the USA as memorable as our experience in Thailand.

Here is our plans for our final days here in Bangkok.....Russ and I have to pick up our new suits that have been made for us. Cant wait to see the final product!!! We then will do some shopping today and this evening we are going to the Thai Traditional Puppet Theater to see their production. Puppetry has been used for centuries in Asia and we look forward to seeing this show.

Tomorrow we will visit the National Museum. In all the times I have been in Bangkok, I have not visited this museum so I will see something new. Tomorrow night we are meeting my friend Brian (from USA...here was a former Peace Corp worker I met last time I was here). Brian is bringing a friend of his and we will have a chance to talk about our trip in Northcentral Thailand. Early Saturday morning we head to the airport for our trip home.

Throughour posts you have learned a little about the people, schools, culture, history and food of Thailand. When we return toWisconsin we have so much more to share with you.

Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment